All the solo blues you need in one box...
This 3 DVD box set contains 9 x 12 Bar Blues arrangements for solo guitar (they sound great and complete with just one player). They start very simple and move into quite difficult and each one covers a new skill or technique for you to learn and then experiment with. The aim being eventually for you to be able to improvise using mixtures of all the techniques and skills you learned by playing the set peices.
All of the sheet music now comes as pdf files on the dvd for you to print or view on your computer screen.
This was orginally offered as 3 individual DVD's but we have now combined them into one box. You can however buy individual DVD's as downloads.
There are many video's of students playing these songs on YouTube and they get great feedback, lots of fun and they sound great!
Also available as...
Payments by Paypal (easy and secure)Click on the price below and you will be taken to paypal for payment of the product. Paypal is an internationally accepted means of payment, is very safe and secure and protects both buyer and seller. It accepts all regular card types (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, etc.) and you don't have to have a paypal account to use your credit card. In the many years I have been trading, I have never had a problem at all and have met only a few that have... and those few fell for phishing - read about it here - it's basically "common internet sense".
If you are still not happy to use paypal?? Click here for some other options.
We deliver worldwide and all prices include postage!
After we get confirmed payment (echeques can take up to 7 days, but most are instant), your product will be dispatched on the same day (if received by 1pm on a weekday, UK time), weekend orders dispatched the following Monday.
Delivery time is kinda up to your postal delivery service, UK delivery is usually within 5 working days (we post first class so it's often the next day!). European deliveries are between 5-10 working days, and rest of the world taking up to 21 days (but much more usual is 5-14 days).
If you have not got your product within the max times shown above then please email Jedi at Customer Services and we will get it sorted out asap.
We aim for 100% customer satisfaction, so please get in touch if you need help with something or if the product arrives in less than perfect condition.
The Songs...• Walkin Blues - uses a classic walking bass part with the chord part playing the open strings. Aimed at beginners, it is quite easy and sounds cool. Can be played with pick for texas shuffle style on electric!
• Steady Thumb Blues - This is the start of your independence training! It's all about keeping your bass notes even (played with the thumb) while your other fingers play the melody on the thinner strings. Great fun and a great way to get into this style!
• Gospel Blues - will teach you some very nice chords, gospel style. Few slides and lead lines mixed in too, the hardest of these three and good preparation for the future dvd's...
• Slow Six Blues - explores the use of the sixth interval to create cool and useful rhythm licks. This trick works well on electric too!
• Contrary Blues - is a slightly jazz tinged composition that uses a lot of contrary motion (one “voice” going up and one going down!)
• Raggy Island Blues - uses a cool Ragtime style alternating bass part with the melody perched on top. This one will take a little practice :)
• Single Line Blues - takes you through some ways of incorporating single line lead guitar into your solo blues style. Learn the licks then mix 'em up and off you blow! Lots of fun and good for your improvising once you get the concept down.
• Walking Bass Blues - teaches you how to walk a bass in a Blues in E, introduces a few jazz chords and harmonies and a I VI II V I turnaround.
• Craggy Bar Blues - this can be a continuation of Craggy Island Blues, works at a similar tempo and leads nicely from one to the other. This more advanced one uses many bar chords and also incorporates hammer on's and flick-off's into a ragtime alternating bass pattern! Good fun but you'll be concentrating!! ;)
Full sample lessonCheck out the sample below - it's been very popular on YouTube and I guess that this DVD will be as popular - well I hope so anyway :)... Note that this song is NOT on the DVD - 'cos it's free here!!
The format is the same for each song. It is played, then we go through it bar by bar and then we do 3 play along speeds to give you a chance a getting it right and in time!
Download the pdf file that accompanies the sample lesson here: Solo Blues 1 pdf
Solo Blues 1 - Sample Video 1 - The tune itself
Solo Blues 1 - Sample Video 2 - Detailed explanation
Solo Blues 1 - Sample Video 3 - Slow, medium and full speed play along's
CreditsAll songs written and owned by Justin Sandercoe. Video rights owned by Chocolate Cake Productions (Justin Sandercoe and Jedi Wardley). All rights reserved ©2007-2008.
Terms and ConditionsBasically, if you don't like it, send it back in 14 days in perfect condition and I'll refund your money. If you've damaged it, that's not cool. If it's damaged in transit, send it back and I'll send you a new one and refund your postage. I have to put up an 'official' terms and conditions - but I want you guys to be happy, so please contact me with any problems and I will do my best to help.